Saturday Six


What. A. Week, you guys. All of us were super sick pretty much all week and it was impossible to get anything done! Our little apartment is a mess, we're still all sick, and I have TONS of studying to do (so naturally I'm writing this post instead). BUT, with all of that being said, I still think it's important to reflect on the good things and pick out my six things that were wonderful about the week. 

1. Banana Bread: You all know I am a frequent banana bread maker, but this time it was SO GOOD! Usually I sub flour and sugar and fun extras like chocolate chips for coconut flour, coconut sugar, and a berry or walnut. This time, though, I decided to treat the fam. I used this recipe by SimplyRecipes and added mini chocolate chips. It was definitely the best banana bread we've had in a while- probably because it really wasn't healthy at all. This is my formal warning: this week was DEFINITELY an entire cheat week. 🙈



2. Yerba mate tea: Like I said, the whole family has been very under the weather this week. One of the many things we've been doing to try to boost our immune systems is increasing our fluid intake by basically double. I drink a lot of tea regularly, but yerba mate is particularly good for recovery for a few reasons. It helps reduce symptoms of insomnia, which is great for me because I tend to have a little trouble sleeping, especially when sick, so the tea has actually helped a lot this week. Yerba mate is also very high in antioxidants, which help fight infections (as well as numerous other things). Other than the many health benefits yerba mate provides, I also benefited from drinking this tea so often this week because I always use honey. Honey itself has health benefits, but since my throat was in a ton of pain it helped with that, too! 

3. Moda Operandi: I have had such a huge appreciation for Moda Operandi for soooo long now, but since New York Fashion Week just ended, I thought now would be a great time to talk about it! Moda is doing what nobody else is doing right now, which is offering pre-ordering for next seasons high fashion collections directly from designers online and available to ANYONE. There are sooo many designers all in one place, payment plans, and a great user experience. And if you'd rather shop in store, they have an in-season boutique store as well. I loved browsing pieces straight from the runway on their site. Some of the collections are just the most beautiful things you'll ever see. I will link below my favorites right now!

Prabal Gurung

Oscar De La Renta

Salinas

Cult Gaia

4. Starbucks Iced Coffee: Okay, I'm not even talking about the iced coffee from the coffee shop. I'm talking about the store-bought pre-packaged iced coffee. YES. THAT STUFF. I SWEAR. It's waaay better than their in-store iced coffee! Way more flavor and a better overall price. Matthew picked up a bottle of the blonde roast this week (usually we go darker, but this was a treat and the blonde roast has such a beautiful, easy going flavor) for an early Valentine's day gift for me 😂 That's how much I love this stuff! When we moved back to Manhattan our coffee machine broke in transport and we got this stuff regularly until we pulled the trigger on a new Keurig. It was heaven and it was also the worst. I would finish half of the huge bottle throughout the course of a single day! It got pretty dang expensive. But worth it, maybe. If you haven't tried this stuff I strongly suggest that you do. 


5. MY ETSY!!: If you haven't heard yet (it would have been pretty hard to miss this news since it's all that I talk about...at all) I opened an Etsy shop named after Theodore (for the heck of it) where I'm listing beautiful earrings! I feel like I have a super creative side that I wasn't exercising near enough and this was my solution. I obviously love fashion, especially accessories and statement earrings, so I think my strong passion will fuel this for quite a while, as long as I have time! I've already been blown away by the response of my family and friends and am so grateful for their support! Here are my current listings:

Pearl and Gold Flower Hoops


Dainty Gold and Shell Heart Hoops


Living Coral Shell Heart Hoops

Designing and making these earrings has been so much fun! The best part is that I'll probably never run out of earrings to wear, lol. 

6. Valentine's Day: I love holidays. Mostly all of them. Everyone is just so happy and there are such cute little gifts that come out! I love celebrating anything and everything- ESPECIALLY the love I have for my friends and family! Theodore and I spent most of our day picking up some flowers and delivering them to my grandparents. It's always nice to catch up with them and Theodore LOVES them. If anyone deserved a flower delivery on Valentine's Day, it was my grandma and grandpa. When we got back we got a heart shaped pizza with Matthew and exchanged our gifts! We kept it very simple, I gifted Matthew and huge Reese's heart and cute cut-out cookies and he gifted me roses and one of my favorite ice creams. It was simple and beautiful and I loved it. 




I had a TON of left-over frosting from the cookies, so I decided to make a cake....this was a terrible decision. It was the ugliest cake I've ever made!! So obviously I took a photo. 


Sad, sad cake. 

Thank you all for reading!! I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's week!


  






Comments